Pages

Wednesday, 3 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey:Day 3, Bonus Activity

For much of the past century, schools in New Zealand taught students in only one language, English. In 1972, Ngā Tamatoa member, Mrs. Hana Jackson, submitted a petition to Parliament to ask the government to include the teaching of Te Reo Māori (the Māori language) and Māori culture in New Zealand schools. We still use petitions to this day when we want an organisation (e.g. a school) to make a change. Our bonus activity for today is to write a letter to our school principal. We have to write a letter about one change we want in/at school.

Bonus Activity-

To whom it may concern.

I think that it is time for a change. Students would be more comfortable at school, if we could have the choice to choose what teacher we want and a few friends we want in our class. If we get put with a teacher we aren't comfortable with, and people we don't usually talk to, would spend too much time worrying, less time studying. While some people want to work allow, you at least need friends at morning tea and lunch. If we are in different classes, our friendship would grow apart, and we would be lonely at school. I know that teacher want what is best for the students. Coming from a students voice, I overal think that it would be better if we got to work with people that we are comfortable with.

Yours Sincerely, Lauren


1 comment:

  1. Hi there Lauren,

    Awesome job on your blog post. I thought you made some good points in your letter to the principal! I completely agree with your point about being a classroom with people that you are comfortable to be around and also with a teacher that you know you would work well with. That would make your learning so much better and easier! Now I'm curious to know, if you were a teacher, would you agree with your proposal? Let me know in a comment! :)

    Wonderful job Lauren, I really enjoyed reading your post and I look forward to reading more!

    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.