Pages

Tuesday, 19 February 2019

Wellbeing: The 4 Dimensions

For health, we are looking at the four dimensions of Hauora. Haura is split into four different categories: Taha Wairua (Spiritual), Taha Whanau (Social), Taha Hinengaro (Mental/emotional) and lastly Taha Tinana (Physical). Those four dimensions make up Hauora, which is wellbeing. If one of them were to not be functioning as well, it would affect all of the others. These things together make Te Whare Tapa Wha. To demonstrate all of these dimensions as a whole, we created a house like model. We could build it in any shape we wanted (as long as we had 4 walls) in our groups. on each of the walls we would put a different dimension and a definition about it. I was working with Louise, Myka, Alyscia and Lucy on this project. I did taha hinengaro (metal/emotion), Louise did taha tinana (physical), Myka did taha wairua (spiritual), Alyscia did taha whanau (social) and lastly Lucy did Te Whare Tapa Wha. The four dimensions were on each of the wall and the Te Whare Tapa Wha was written on the roof of the house. We tried to do a copy of a typical Whare, which is a traditional Maori house, with the roof touching almost the ground. This was sorta our idea:
Whare Tapa Wha is about health overall in general. It includes the four dimensions as listed above, and is one isn't functioning as it should be, it'll affect the rest of the dimensions. For example: If you were to be physically injured, your mental health would be affected since you'll feel pain and hopelessness and it would probably affect your social side as well, since you won't be able to hang out with your friend as much whilst recovering. 

This is useful to understand because it's important to understand how to properly look after yourself. It teaches us that we need to look after ourselves in more ways than just physical ways to helps function at our best. 

I personally think I participated well since I helped design the building and helped get the measurements right for it all to fit together. We all did an equal amount of work by writing our part of the house. Next time I will try to make a personalized idea for a structure rather than base it of something that has already been made. 

It was challenging when I had to make personalized adjustments to the walls since the roof would be sitting at a different height than the other two walls. I coped with the challenge by planning it out so I had an idea of what the measurements would have to be like when put with each other through trial and error. Our group worked well with each other since we all knew what part we were supposed to do and what to write for it. Next time I think that it would be fun to work with a different set of people besides our friends so we can get a mixture of ideas since friends tend to get their ideas based on each other. 

Here is our final work:, we used red for the walls, whie for the roof, black for extra detail and green for the grass-like ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.