Pages

Monday, 11 February 2019

Drama

Today we had drama class and played some really fun games to start of with. The first one was simply where you'd start walking and soon some other commands got said as well. Soon enough, the walk was switched with freeze, so when the teacher called walk, we had to freeze and vice versa. Then squat and jump got added and those two were switched with each other. After that we got into groups of three or two and had to recreate a given image. It was alright, until we got given the term 'romance'. For that we just did a love heart. Once we finished that activity, we did like a statue game where one person would go around everyone and try to make them last. I lasted a while the first round. I started out with standing up first then sat down when the person wasn't looking around. It was going so well until the person circled me and sang, ring-a-ring-a-rosie. That wasn't so hard but I got out when the person was like 'and we all fall down', like how the song goes, until she added 'oh wait, you're already down'. It was funny to be honest and it got me out. I think that the person that did the best was definitely Alyscia. She was as stiff as a statue and held a straight face the entire time. We haven't made a final plan about what we're gonna do for our performance but something that I hope will be included is definitely dance and maybe incorporate a bit of tumbling. I'm really too keen on having any talking roles but having a dance role will suit me just fine, as it's what I like best.


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Lauren, its me Alyscia.
    I really like how you described the games we played and what we did during the games.
    Its also great how you said what you would like to do in drama.
    theres really nothing you missed or that needs fixing, so keep it up!
    Au Revoir lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Lauren, good description and you noticed Alyscia's physical energy [still] and focus[stiff face], two skills we are working on. Your dance skills will be very useful for our performances and we can work up to a speaking role.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.