Pages

Tuesday, 30 March 2021

Film Aspects DLO

In English, we are moving on to our next topic which is Film Analysis (Film/Visual Language Study). To help us achieve a deeper understanding before we start watching the film, our task was to look into 4-6 different film aspects and through a DLO show our learning and understanding of each one. The four aspects that I chose were POV, camera movement, establishing shot and production design.
How and what are we learning?
WALT: Analyse how film aspects POV, camera movement, establishing shot and production design show meaning. We can do this by working through the given slideshow and use research to answer the questions.
Success Criteria: I can explain how and why  POV, camera movement, establishing shot and production design are used to show meaning in a film. I have answered the given questions for each aspect.
Why are we learning it?
To deepen our knowledge of film aspects and their effect and purpose in a film as well as the director's purpose. 
How did it go?
I was able to use online resources to find suitable information to help answer the given questions. The production design was the hardest aspect to find information on. I found that POV had the most available information. 


1 comment:

  1. A fabulous post, Lauren. You completed the task admirably. I liked that you included several of the different camera movement examples like panning, steadicam, and the reverse dolly shot. Maybe next time you could include some more specific examples from visual texts that you know?

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.