Pages

Monday, 26 February 2018

Drawing Superheroes In Art

For art, we have been drawing personalised superheroes. I based mine on mainly Wonder Woman. We had to create on based on something to do with Hornby etc. I decided to add the H from the Hornby High School logo. We had to look at body proportion, like making sure the arms aren't massive and the legs tiny. We also studied shading. The 3 different types of shading we learnt about were crosshatching, smooth and stipple. The type of shading I'm used to is where you smudge it, so it is all blended together and it smooth. Here is my superhero I created, it took 3 hours/3 periods to draw it. I started shading on the cape but didn't have time to shade in the rest-

The artist we studied was Robyn Kahukiwa. To get the idea of the position, we used a technique called wire frame. Then you connect the outlines and get the basic shape done. After that you can start adding in the detail like the face, clothes etc. Somethings that worked well (in my opinion) was the overall shape. I also think the lasso idea worked well too. Somethings that I'll change from next time would be the mask and the eyes. My original idea for the mask would be to use a hawkman idea kinda thing but after many attempts, I decided to use the classic mask. The eyes are just plain black so I'm planning on adding the real details of it like the iris, pupil etc. Overall, I'm happy with my first attempt, but I think I need to speed up the progress because it took too long to draw the first attempt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.